Thursday, August 24, 2006

Carnivores

My daughter is a born carnivore. And I become a carnivore too. We eat a lot of meat every day. Since it is hot in summer, we eat duck and pork. As winter sets in, we would turn to lamb and chicken. I love beef also, but can't always find prime quality at the local groceries and the nearby market.

Fortunately they sell good lamb in the market. Fresh sheep carcasses hanging neatly from wrought iron hooks, strong and pleasant aroma of raw lamb full of the whole space. Here sheep are raised on grassland, not on industry farms, so the meat is natural and very delicious.

I usually buy the whole rack of a sheep at a time, or a whole leg plus sirloin, because they don't sell in smaller cuts. The old man wearing a white cap cuts out what you want with a sharp knife. If he is not busy, he would remove the fat and lymph glands so that I can prepare more easily at home. But there are still many work left for me to do in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never eaten lamb...or duck...