Thursday, July 09, 2009

Trip to Xiaowutai Mountains - 小五台山

Last Friday at 8:30pm, we left Beijing for Xiaowutai Mountains, which are the highest mountains in Hebei Province. We arrived at about 12pm and then slept in a rough and crude room in the small village at the foot of the mountains.

We got up early the next morning, and started off to the mountains after breakfast, carrying our heavy backpack.It was the first time that I went hiking with heavy load. My back felt sore soon and finally in the afternoon we reached our campsite at the altitude of 2,200 meters.

I took a walk along the mountainside with a friend, and took some pictures of the high mountain flowers. The mountains are very magnificent. All the mountainsides were covered in trees and wildflowers.
The mountains are famous for this golden flower, which is also a member of the Buttercup family.
That night when I was lying in my tent, how I missed home! and my tears came out:(. The phone had no signals in the mountains, and we would have to walk many many hours to be out.I was worried my daughter, she insisted staying at home and not going to her grandma's.

No comments: